Monday, June 20, 2011

Recipes: Ginny Hendricks Cocktail

This blog won't generally be about alcohol, but this one was too good not to share.

While we were out of town, my husband treated himself to a few overpriced cocktails. One of them, the Ginny Hendricks, I begged him to order just because I saw someone else drinking it, and I decided that he had to try this tall glass of mystery, garnished with a slice of cucumber and a huge sprig of fresh rosemary, just so that I could smell it.  He loved it.  I loved smelling it.  If you like a gin and tonic, try spicing it up next time!


Here is one recipe that I have found for it; slightly altered to match what we ordered:

2 oz Hendricks Gin
4 oz Tonic
juice of half a lime
4 slices of cucumber (pureed or muddled in the bottom of the glass)
1 sprig fresh rosemary (used as a garnish and to stir, or muddled in the bottom)


Disclaimer: Since I am pregnant, I can't test this recipe!  I just know that it is the same ingredients as the one that my husband had.  I will have him test it out soon :) I'm sure he won't object.

No comments: