Monday, June 20, 2011

The most delicious food in the entire world

My hubby and I just spent a great weekend in Asheville, NC, as a last little getaway before our baby arrives in a little over a month.  While we were there, we had to eat - no questions asked- at our favorite restaurant in the world: The Corner Kitchen. The few times we have eaten here, we have just stared at each other in frozen silence with each taste of whatever was on our plates. Speechless.  This place is so yummy, and not very expensive or fancy.  Their menu changes almost daily because all the food is local and seasonal.

We started with almond-crusted baked brie stuffed with cantaloupe, with balsamic strawberries and crostini.  After not having eaten any soft cheeses for the past 8 months, I was beyond joyful to stuff my face with baked brie.  I justified that it was perfectly fine since it was baked; so just let me think that and don't tell me I'm an irresponsible baby incubator.  My husband had a roasted chicken leg stuffed with tons of feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach, with broccolini and Greek style fingerlings. I had a bowl of vidalia onion and potato soup. I just thought I'd share a photo of the sadness that happens when the food is gone (plus, somebody was too hungry to remember to take a picture of the food before we destroyed it):
ah....

No comments: