Friday, October 7, 2011

Food Blog Comeback!

I have been completely out of it for the past 2 months with the arrival of our new baby boy. It has been wonderful and exhausting, and I have finally gotten back in the kitchen recently.  Confession: I am slightly obsessed with the Pioneer Woman.  I have been testing out some of her recipes, and I am here to let you know that they REALLY DO come out as amazingly delicious as she says they do.

Here is the play-by-play.  It is a pretty basic pot roast, but the addition of fresh rosemary is wonderful. For a detailed recipe, visit her website :)

(Mostly) Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast:

I used a london broil, because that's what I had.  Start by covering it in salt and pepper, and giving it a good sear on both sides in olive oil in a heavy pot or dutch oven.




Then grab some red wine, pour it in, and whisk away to get up all the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.

Lay the roast back in, and add onions, carrots, potatoes, and fresh rosemary. (I also threw in a few whole cloves of garlic!)

Pour a little beef broth in (just enough to go half way up the piece of meat).

Place the whole thing in the oven for 3-4 hours at 275f.

 I forgo to take a picture of the finished product because we were so hungry, but I promise, it is lovely!!!!

No comments: